Sunday, March 13, 2011

GD: Lesson 10 Class Notes

"Take my yoke upon you and learn of me"

Examples of knowing in theory vs. actually doing.
* Raising kids, teaching, riding a bike, going on a mission, child birth, tasting a lemon

Christ has actual knowledge.  How did Christ learn of us?
* Tempted
* Alone
* Afflictions, illness, pains
* Forsaken
* Took upon our sins

We need to allow Him in.

IF you take my yoke upon you, THEN you learn of me.
IF you are meek and lowly, THEN you will find rest.

D&C 121 - many are called, but few are chosen
Controlled upon principals of righteousness ... yoke is for control.

Sometime we have an opportunity, but we don't take it.  ie forgiveness.
How do you move to action?
* Doctrines of the priesthood distill upon our souls
* Pride, anger gets in the way.  We need to be meek.
* Come unto me (to solve your problems)
* Meek means responsive?  Progression

Mosiah 3:18 - Natural man ... unless he yields ... submissive

D&C 122:7 - "all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good" .. they will help you learn of me.

Meek = teachable

Mark E. Petersen said, "Do you suppose for one minute that you can separate the salvation of your soul from the obedience to the Gospel?"  Mark E. Petersen, "“What Will a Man Give?”", Ensign, Jan. 1974, 110

Heart - how is it used in the scriptures?

Come follow me; come learn of me.

Sister Hansen then closed by playing the last testimony of Bruce R. McConkie.  I found that someone has uploaded this talk on YouTube.



No comments:

Post a Comment