Monday, February 21, 2011

GD: Lesson 7 Class Notes

Sister Hansen showed this picture to begin the class.  She asked for our impressions.  Here are what class members said:
* Light streaming through the window
* Trust in child's eyes, parents' trust
* Room seems dark, Christ bringing girl out of darkness
* Christ in a position to help, girl is making an effort
* Sunrise - new day
* We watch over childre, but ultimately Christ watches over use and the child must learn to depend on the Lord

Mark 5:22-23, 35
"Be not afraid, only believe"

"Tulmult"
What makes our live tulmulteous?
* Fear, stress, unsolved problems, sin/issues
* The many demands of life
* Lack of faith
* Gap between our expectations and the reality
* Lack of control

<<Faith preceded the miracle, not the other way around>>

Mark 8:22
* Led the man out of the town (limited audience - the same as with the daughter of Jarius)
* Personal miracle

Mark 8:27
Whom do men say that I am?
Who do ye say that I am?
Do we answer the same as Peter?

Mark 4:37
Christ can calm the sea.  He can also calm the sailor.

Ether 2:23
The winds and waves drove the Jaradites, but the inner light kept them calm!
This is the same as with some of our trials.  God may not solve them for us, but he can guide us and help us to endure them well (calm the sailor).  Without the winds and waves, the Jaradites would never have been able to cross the sea.

Master the Tempest is Raging

Verse 1
Master, the tempest is raging.
The billows are tossing high.
The sky is o'er shadowed with blackness,
no shelter or help is nigh.
Carest Thou not that we perish?
How canst Thou lie asleep,
when each moment so madly is threatning,
a grave in the angry deep?

Chorus
The winds and the waves
shall obey my will, peace be still.
Whether the wrath of the storm-tossed sea
or demons, or men, or whatever it be.
No water can swallow the ship where lies
the Master of ocean and earth and skies;
they shall sweetly obey my will,
peace be still, peace be still.
They all shall sweetly obey my will;
peace, peace be still.

Verse 2
Master, with anguish of spirit I bow in my grief today.
The depths of my sad heart are troubled.
Oh, waken and save, I pray!
Torrents of sin and of anguish
sweep o'er my sinking soul,
And I perish! I perish! dear Master.
Oh, hasten and take control!

Chorus

Verse 3
Master, the terror is over, the elements sweetly rest.
Earth's sun in the calm lake is mirrored,
and heaven's within my breast.
Linger, O blessed Redeemer!
Leave me alone no more,
and with joy I shall make the blest harbor
and rest on the blissful shore.

Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment